Saturday, March 23, 2013

Catching up (again)............

It seems like a common occurance lately, but I just can't seem to keep up to date with this little blog of mine.  I guess life is just busy!!!
 
So first things first, the winner of my Spring RAK unfortunately never contacted me so I have  redrawn a winner!!!!  This time congratulations to:
 

Linda
 
Linda's lovely comment:
"So many layers to look at no matter how many times I look I see something I missed the first time, your amazing talent has me head spinning with such beautiful work."
 
Please, please contact me, Linda, at timnstacey@hotmail.com so I can get this package off to you :)
 
 Just to share with you a few scrappy things I haven't shared on my blog yet.  The first is a Shimmerz canvas.  I made this as a gift for a friend.  I love the neutral tones in this piece.

"Live Each Day As Though It Were A Gift"
 
 

 
Just some closeups:
 







Next up is a layout I created for the Prima blog with an Easter theme in mind.  I mixed Hello Pastel and Lady Bird collections here. 
 
"Hello Bunnies"
 


 
Some new flowers mixed with some from previous releases.
 
 



Look at the little birdie perched up there on the floral vine.  I gave him a little colour with Shimmerz.  Also loving the wood clips!  This one in particular out of the Hello Pastel collection is super cute!!!
 
 




Lastly tonight I have a new mixed media card to share.  Using Prima I had fun creating this pretty card. Here is a little bit about my card that I shared on the Prima blog:
 
 
"I loved creating this card. It is so sparkly like you wouldn't believe! I started out by using the mask with some modelling paste, I then added the paper layers and wrapped some string around the top area of the card. I added the resin piece and trim, then placed my flowers down the vine.
 
 



I found little spots for all of my extra embellishments and then started spraying away with my Shimmerz. If there was too much bright colour on there from the spray I simply applied some Gesso back over those sections to tone down the colour."
 
 


Easter is upon us shortly, I am busily creating as usual and I have my very first class to teach at my local scrapstore this Tuesday.  I am so excited and yet so scared at the same time!!!!!   Plus we have the Easter Festival parade tomorrow and Kobi and I are going on the Kindy's float.  It's going to be heaps of fun.......we are dressing up as clowns for a circus theme :):)  Also baby Sianne and her Mummy and Daddy are coming over to visit for a couple of weeks........woo hoo, can't wait for more cuddles! 
Okay, best get some rest, bring on an even busier couple of weeks!!
Hugs xo

6 comments:

Lauren Hender said...

Just beautiful! Love all these projects. So inspiring!

Beatrice Lawson said...

Just gorgeous Stacey! Love the soft colours - so dreamy.

Monique said...

Your work is always lovely and oh so inspiring. Thank you for sharing it.

Sandrine Dawes said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!! Big congrats on teaching at your local scrapbook store and good luck!!!

zuziucha said...

Stacey, I just love your creations. They are so soft and deep. Love it!

Tamara said...

such joyful and beautiful colors and textures that you express with..you're very talented!

Tamara <3