Friday, May 9, 2014

Shimmerz canvas and tutorial

 Hello!!!  Today I have a canvas piece to share with you.  This was my first time having a go at the brush script trend!  Not the greatest brush script but........... I love the end result and this canvas has a lovely spot on my wall in our family room :)

 
I used the following Shimmerz products :
 
 
Vibez in Jeni B Bleu (of course) and Blue Jeans
Spritz in Licorice
Dazzlerz in Foiled Again (loved this - first time using it)
Shimmerz in Ultra Marine and Coal
 




 
 


I applied Dazzlerz in Foiled again to the florist vine and the tips of the flowers.







I handmade this shabby, floral piece.  The resin pieces have be sprayed with the Vibez products.







I created the brush script writing with black paint, once a little dry I went over it again with Shimmerz in Coal.






The Foiled Again Dazzlerz has a gorgeous shine to it, with the other colours mixed in too, the whole canvas just Shimmerz :)






Here I would like to share with you, in pictures, my process of creating this canvas.
 
 
1.  Before I started on the canvas I gave it a coat of Gesso using a piece of cardboard to randomly scrape it on.
2.  After allowing to dry I then did the same thing with the Dazzlerz Foiled Again product.
3.  After applying more heat to it and drying I stencilled out the checkers with some Modelling paste.
 





 
4.  Apply some sprays and flicks with the Vibez products.






5.  Spray some Licorice Spritz at the top of the canvas and allow it to run down the page.
6.  Add some florist vine to the lower right hand side. 
7.  Sprinkle some glitter on (before mediums dry).
8.  Add some washi tape to the sides if you want to.
 
 





9. Now add your brush script.  After the black paint dried I then went back over the writing with Shimmerz in Coal to make it all shimmery.
 
10.  Lets start to add some flowers.
 
 

 



11.  Apply more flowers in the greys, navy and black tones (keeping the darker colours to the bottom of the flower cluster).  On your layered flowers, apply the heart resin piece.
 
 


 
 
 
12.  Continue to add the handmade floral piece, all of the turquoise flowers, the clear pebbles and the resin bird.
 
 
 

 
 
13.  I have then added some more Shimmerz colour to the canvas.  I sprayed the resin heart with the Vibez products and applied with a small paintbrush, some Shimmerz in Ultra Marine to underneath the embellishments to add more depth.  The little resin bird also got a little colour added to him :)
 
14.  Lastly I added the bow paperclip up the top and the Say It In Crystals.







 
Thanks for visiting and sharing in my process with me :) 
I hope your weekend is wonderful!!!
Hugs xoxo



2 comments:

Romy said...

It's such an amazing canvas! I love the artsy look of it and your wonderful mixed media work!

Brendaxx said...

That looks great!! Thanks for the tutorial & the inspiration of course!
Have a great weekend!