Friday, August 8, 2014

My 1st layout for 2 Crafty this month

Hi lovely followers! 
 
Just popping in quickly today with my first share this month for 2 Crafty Chipboard. 
I have scrapped a photo of my biggest boy, Cooper and I.  I am little emotional as I write this post today, just a little bit going on (puppy included) and I'm a bit up and down but this boy makes me so proud!  I am having a tough time with the two smallest boys at the moment, just not listening, everything I ask is always answered with a "NO" and fighting and saying a few choice words I would never in a million years say.  Don't get me wrong, Coop gets in on the action sometimes too, but he's always wanting to do the right thing and gets frustrated with the other two for doing wrong!  They are lucky he is calm and never says a bad word because he's a big boy compared to them.  Anyway, boys (or should I say kids) right, love them to pieces but they send you bonkers some days!!!!  This was meant to be short and sweet, so sorry, just having a moment!  Find me a Kleenex, it's all good!
 
Just a note that this layout was also created before any of the emotional stuff was brought up :)
 
 
Anyways, back to my layout.  I have used lots of gorgeous 2 Crafty Chipboard pieces here:
 
Valentine Branch
ATC Tiny Hearts
2014's
Film Strips - small
Love You
Winged Hearts
Valentine Theme Set
 
 
 
"Love You"
 
 

 
 
 
I covered the Winged Heart with some Gesso and then applied some
 Shimmerz to the wings. I added a resin heart to the heart area and applied
 Modelling Paste the edges to give it some texture.









This Love You loopy title would have to be one of my favourite pieces!  I have
 covered the piece with the Shimmerz product Dimensionz in Pearly Gates (white).
 It has given the title a puffy effect.
I then applied some Shimmerz mists to the word.  I layered the  
Valentine Theme Set winged heart along with a ATC Tiny Heart on top of
 each other with foam tape.  I also applied some Modelling Paste to the wings.









 I have layered the small Film Strips under the photo with my flower cluster and cut
the second film strip and placed it at the top of the layout.  Using a dabber I applied
 Gesso to these pieces.  Once all of my embellishments are in place I cover my photo
 and add sprays of Shimmerz.
 
 






Here I cut the heart and bow from the Valentine Branch and placed it on the end
 of the arrow.   I applied Inklingz in Beets Me to the heart and bow.   I also added an 

ATC Tiny Heart below the arrow flat on the page.  I blended this in with mists.








I placed the 2014 under the frame here and applied I Gesso.
 
 
 




 
I have used a Heidi Swapp stencil here for the word Hello!  I applied Modelling paste to it first and then added Shimmerz Inklingz products in Pugnacious Purple. 
 
Love the purple for a change, not a colour I use alot of.
 
 






Just one more shot of all of those layers and gorgeous chippie products.
 
 





Okay, I think I am in need of some scrap therapy, it's been too long!!!
My apologies for the sooky la la moment, I nearly deleted it - but I'm only human right..........and I'm not alone!
 
Be back another day with more of my 2 Crafty creations :)
 
Big hugs and thankyou for taking the time to visit xo

7 comments:

Romy said...

Wow, how amazing is this! I really love your mix of flowers, resin embellishments and chipboard. Fabulous colour palette too!

Lizzyc said...

It is not easy to raise kids, it can be really tough at times but I encourage you to be strong, be consistent and never let the sun go down and being angry. I am sure your boys will grow to be wonderful young men with caring parents like you! Love this layout, always in awe of the stunning detail you put on every layout! Have a lovely weekend!

Jodie King said...

Gorgeous layout Stacey! Love how many chippy pieces you've used and layered so beautifully as always. Hope the boys have worn themselves out for today and you're getting some 'me' time.

magicalmagpie said...

"There will be times like this" childraising has its moments of frustration. Every mother if they are honest have felt just like you today! It does get better.
I love this layout, love the moody purples mixed with the softer colours. Really special. Thanks for sharing both your works and your feelings with us. Have a fantastic weekend.
Gail

Janene said...

Beautiful as always. Love the mix of colors

Brendaxx said...

Gorgeous work again!! Love it!!

Unknown said...

Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the web the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people consider worries that they plainly don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks...Cccam Server