Sunday, February 14, 2016

Loveheart Canvas

Last week a new canvas I created was shared over on the Pretty Little Studio Blog.  I also shared a little step x step which you can see at the bottom of this post.
 
TFL xx
 
 
 
"Our Love Story"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I grabbed a heap of 8 x 8 papers from the ‘You and Me’ Collection.  I cut out 15 hearts to fit the canvas.  After having a fiddle around and working out which print heart would go where (I didn’t want 2 patterns the same next to each other) I distressed the edges of each one. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I then curled the edges of each one and adhered so that the middle of the heart looked puffed up.  I then added Gel Medium to the edges of the heart, keeping the gel thick which added to the texture of the hearts. 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
After it had dried, I applied some watercolour to the canvas.  The gel acts as a resist which gave an awesome effect once the watercolour was added. 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I then added some floral embellishments. 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 I cut the 3×4 journaling card in the shape of a heart and adhered it with foam tape to one of the top hearts.  More paint splatters and Gesso were added to the embellishments.  I finished off by adding a some phrase strips, stickers and arrows.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Happy Valentine's Day
xoxoxo
 
 
 

4 comments:

Romy said...

Such a gorgeous love-themed project! I love it!

Maria said...

A beautiful canvas. Thanks for showing.

Amlai said...

Wow! Beautiful project :) I love it!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Just so gorgeous! Love this :)